Friday, August 23, 2013

Lucky Clover Picture Book Contest SPRING 2013 WINNER

It's time to announce the winner for the SPRING 2013 Lucky Clover Picture Book Contest! A huge congratulations goes out to...

...Lauri Meyers with her 800-word manuscript, Mapmaker!

Carter, a "famous" mapmaker, uses a map to go everywhere, even to the kitchen for breakfast. He is sought after for the flawless maps he creates, but when he makes a mistake drawing a treasure map, Carter has to face his fear of getting lost to rescue a pirate.

Congratulations, Lauri! Since this is your second time winning, you will no longer be eligible to enter in future contests. That's a big bummer because I really enjoy reading your work. You can expect your critique within five business days.

Just a reminder: the SUMMER 2013 is currently open for submissions. Get those submissions sent in! Just e-mail your ms to me according to the manuscript guidelines. The deadline is September 30.

11 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Lauri! Sounds like a terrific story! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susanna! I'm sure Christie will help me cut a few hundred words out of it!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations to Lauri! This was a good reminder to me to send in a story. I won once and it was so helpful. I'm going to try again. Thanks for doing these Christie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Rosi, please enter again! Christie provides such a lovely service giving away a very professional critique.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations, Lauri! You are a two-time winner! Awesomeness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Romelle! I'm very excited because I know how great Christie's critiques are.

      Delete
  4. It's definitely time for me to enter again. Fun!Congratulations, Lauri!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Genevieve! (Or is this actually Cupcake, because my your typing is good for a dog :) ) You have until the end of September to enter the next round!

      Delete
  5. It's an awesome story!

    I'm glad you all enjoy being a part of the contest. I enjoy reading others' work and giving critiques is my way of paying it forward.

    Enter, enter, enter!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Christie for selecting Mapmaker! My little manuscript has been sitting to the side for awhile as I was at a crossroads on which editing path to take. I can't wait to see your suggestions.

      Delete

I love hearing from you! Share your thoughts below.

AddToAny

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...